Friday, April 11, 2014

Laura's Carolina Baked Chicken


I'm always looking for new ways to cook chicken. Why? Well frankly, chicken is cheap, and when feeding a family of four, cheap is good!

A little while ago, I ate lunch at the Whole Foods café. This is something I rarely do because so much from their deli uses canola oil, and it's expensive, but when I'm out shopping & need a quick lunch it's a great option for me. Last time I went they had some "Carolina Grilled Chicken." It was really delicious, but I thought it needed a few changes, so I set to work.

Mine is baked-- hence the name-- because I can't grill at my apartment. Sad face. However, you could totally grill this if you wanted. Also, I used chicken breasts, but you can use this sauce and method for any cut of chicken-- think rich meaty thighs. Mmmmm...The mix of flavors for this chicken are fantastic. My children scarfed it down! I had to stop myself at one breast or I would've just kept eating.

I hope you enjoy this chicken as much as my family did!


Laura's Carolina Baked Chicken


Ingredients:


4-6 chicken breasts (or whatever cut of chicken you prefer)
1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)
2 Tbs fresh thyme + more for sprinkling
1 head garlic peeled
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:


Preheat oven to 375*F. Place olive oil, dijon, tomatoes, thyme, & garlic into a food processor or blender. Blend until puréed into a sauce. Add salt & pepper to desired taste. Place chicken onto a baking pan or cookie sheet. Coat both sides with sauce. Sprinkle the tops with a little more thyme. Bake for approximately 30 min, give or take, until the internal temperature reaches 160*F (always check the thickest part of the chicken breast). The sauce will brown a bit, but don't worry-- it's not burning. Remove and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.

Serve with your favorite veggie side and ENJOY!


12 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I'll be making it this week! Is there a print button? I still like to print out recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No, I'm sorry I don't have a print option :( I should look into that though, because I'm the same way!

      Delete
  2. I made this last night and it was a definite hit with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! My name is Cameron Von St. James and I had a quick question for you & was wondering if you could please email me when you have a free moment. Thanks! I really hope to hear from you soon and appreciate you taking the time. ☺ cvonstjames AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I was off IG for a while and just came back. I looked around for you, but couldn't find your account. Are you still on there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No I'm no longer on IG. I made the announcement after Thanksgiving. I just have so much on my plate with homeschooling & volunteering that it was hard to keep up such a big account :)

      Delete
  5. Okay, first off, Google is going nuts so if you get this three times I'm sorry! But I miss you on IG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw!!! Thanks :) I was JUST thinking about you yesterday!! That's CRAZY!! I hate to say it, but I love being mostly social media free (I could never give up Pinterest lol). But I do miss all the amazing people I met. I hope you & your crew are all doing well!!

      Delete
  6. I would recommend anyone to take a look at this. I feel it’s just a steal. It really is one of the best paleo recipe books we’ve come across!
    This blog is a great blog and great knowledge . I think it would be even better if it joined with knowledge in this blog .
    I suggest you follow this link to the video to guide you. THE PALEO GRUBS BOOK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would recommend anyone to take a look at this. I feel it’s just a steal. It really is one of the best paleo recipe books we’ve come across!
    This blog is a great blog and great knowledge . I think it would be even better if it joined with knowledge in this blog .
    I suggest you follow this link to the video to guide you. THE PALEO GRUBS BOOK

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's indeed a great and delicious recipe! Keep eatin' chicken guys :)

    ReplyDelete