Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ghee Coconut Rum Mugcake with Spiced Rum Glaze



Ghee Coconut Rum Mugcake with Spiced Rum Glaze....Pure decadence!


Ok. So last night I dreamt-- or rather had a NIGHTMARE-- that I woke up and the only jeans that fit were my pre-60 pound weightloss size 18's. Anyone else have dreams like this? I think I know exactly what brought it on, too. Last night I treated myself, and boy did I treat myself well! I must have had a twinge of guilt that crept into my subconcsience  while I was sleeping.

I had been thinking all day yesterday about butter rum cake. I mean, I could not let the thought go! I like to keep my life in balance, and when something is that overwhelming I allow myself the pleasure of enjoying it. However, I do believe in making everything I eat as Paleo friendly as possible, so I came home from the store last night on a mission. I didn't have much time, so I went the microwave mugcake route. I didn't know how it would turn out, but the result was this decadent Ghee Coconut Rum Mugcake with a rich warm glaze. The moment I took a bite, I knew I had to share it with you all!

Ghee Coconut Rum Mugcake with Glaze


Cake


Ingredients:


1 egg
2 Tbs spiced rum
2 Tbs full fat coconut milk
1 Tbs raw honey
1 Tbs melted ghee (I very highly recommend OMghee's brand available online)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 heaping Tbs unsweetened shredded coconut

Directions:


In a microwavable safe mug, small bowl, or ramekin mix well wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Microwave for approximately 2 min. How long you microwave it will depend on the type of container you use. If your mug is very light and thin you might want to start at 1 min 45 sec and go up from there if necessary. Once done, the cake should slide right out of the mug. Place on a plate to cool a bit.

*Note: If you do not use a microwave, you can certainly try it in the oven, although I have never tried this myself. My advice would be to cook it at 325*-350* F checking after 15 minutes. If not done, check it at 5 minutes intervals until done.

Glaze


Ingredients:

1 Tbs ghee
1 Tbs raw honey
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs spiced rum (you can always add more. Wink, wink)
1 heaping Tbs unsweetened shredded coconut

Directions:


Put all ingredients in a small pot or pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until mixture is melted and starts to bubble. Allow to bubble stirring occasionally until it begins to thicken. This is called reducing-- cooking off the liquid, and in this case the alcohol as well. The longer it cooks, the thicker it will be. Keep in mind, it will thicken more after it cools.

Pour warm glaze over cake and ENJOY!


6 comments: